Frequently Asked Questions
Starters International Business Vouchers
Do you have an SME? And do you want to sustainably expand your business to a specific market abroad? If so, the vouchers from the Starters International Business programme (SIB) could be a good option for you.
5 different SIB vouchers can help you with your plans to take your business abroad:
1. Market entry voucher to hire a consultant or coach to look at your opportunities abroad and to work towards a plan of action.
The SIB Market Entry voucher is an online voucher that you can use to pay an advisor of your choosing. Once you have got the final report from your advisor, you transfer the voucher to them. The advisor can then redeem the voucher online. The voucher is worth 50% of the cost, up to a maximum of €2,500 (excluding VAT).
2. Mission voucher to participate in an outbound trade delegation or a joint trade fair presentation.
The SIB Mission voucher is an online voucher that you can use to pay for a trade mission or exhibiting at a trade fair. The voucher is worth 50% of the participation costs:
- up to a maximum of €1,500 (excluding VAT) for a trade mission, or
- a maximum of €2,500 (excluding VAT) for a joint trade fair exhibit.
You will still need to pay for your travel and accommodation costs.
3. Knowledge voucher to hire an international lawyer or tax consultant.
The SIB Knowledge voucher is an online voucher that you can use to pay your chosen advisor. The voucher is worth 50% of the costs up to a maximum of € 2,500 (excluding VAT).
You can use the voucher for:
- Advice on international legal or tax matters;
- Commissioning a market research report;
- Following a course to improve your knowledge on doing business internationally
4. Coaching voucher to get individual assistance and support to start doing business abroad.
The SIB Coaching voucher is an online voucher that can be used to pay a coach of your choosing from the list of SIB executive organisations (PDF). The SIB Coaching voucher is worth €2,500 (excluding VAT).
5. Individual trade fair participation to get a contribution towards the costs of taking part in a trade fair abroad on your own.
You can use the SIB Individual trade fair participation scheme to cover 50% of your costs for participation in a trade fair, up to a maximum of €2,500 (excluding VAT).
You will still need to pay for your own travel and accommodation costs.