- Face-to- face meetings are an important part of doing business in the United States.
- Confirm appointments always one day prior to the meeting and be on time, preferable a little bit too early. American are punctual and meticulous. Don’t show up unannounced.
- Punctuality is also an absolute must when it comes to delivering goods or services. When there’s a delay, invoking force majeure is often not appreciated as an excuse.
- Voicemail is often used as a filter in the United States, which often results in the fact that no-one is responding to your call. Practice on leaving a powerful message behind on voicemail.
- Don’t make any appointments which can possible threaten the time off from your American partner.
- In the US, corporate breakfasts and lunches are important to get connected and for the closure of deals.
- Commitment will be formalized in great detail in official contracts. All financial agreements will be captured on a regular basis in detailed, binding contracts, drafted by specialized lawyers.